- To reduce farm-related injuries and illnesses and pass along associated cost savings to farmers, insurers, and agribusiness.
Secondary goals of the program include
- Facilitating innovative partnerships among certified safe farms, their insurance providers, agribusinesses, and governmental agencies by creating benefits for all stakeholders
- Developing a standard method for ensuring acceptable level of safety on a farm
- Establishing and training a network of local consultants who are acceptable to the farming community and capable of conducting unbiased farm safety reviews
- Establishing and training a network of local health care providers knowledgeable about agricultural health issues and who are able to provide CSF health screenings and education
- Facilitating implementation of a uniform program for farmers nationwide