We will accept applications for Fall 2014 beginnning September 3, 2013.
Deadlines for the Department of Biostatistics
Fall Admission for M.S. or Ph.D.
December 1 (deadline for consideration for financial support)
January 15 (final deadline)
Note that we do not consider applications for the Spring or Summer semesters.
If you are a current or recent University of Iowa graduate student, please contact email@example.com for application procedures.
A complete application to the University of Iowa (UI) Department of Biostatistics is comprised of two parts: 1) an application submitted to SOPHAS http://www.sophas.org/ and 2) an application submitted to the UI Office of Graduate Admissions.
For applicants to the Ph.D. program, please submit a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your writing sample may be a paper, article written for school or work that highlights your research or writing abilities.
Please submit through SOPHAS:
- A complete SOPHAS application
- Official transcripts showing all previous colleges and universities attended, with grades and degrees
- Official GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (1500 word limit)
- Résumé describing educational and employment history
- International applicants: TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than two years old). The minimum required TOEFL scores are: paper 600, computer 250, and internet 100. IELTS minimum score of 7.0 (with no subscore lower than 6.0). Automatic waivers of this requirement are granted for persons who have completed a bachelor's degree (or higher) at an accredited college or university in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding French Quebec), Africa (English speaking), Australia, or New Zealand.
Please submit to the University of Iowa:
- Application for Graduate Admission (apply online at the University of Iowa Admissions website). The program code for Biostatistics is 171. You will only need to complete the sections marked with a red asterik (*).
- Application Fee ($60 for US Citizens and $100 for International applicants)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate education
Office of Admissions
107 Calvin Hall
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242-1396