Calendar of Events & Professional Development
The HWCE Calendar provides links to upcoming events, conferences and professional development opportunities for building a healthier workforce. If you have a related event you would like to add; please email the day, time, location, web link and brief description of the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 HWC Limerick Contest
January 18 @ 8:00 am - February 24 @ 5:00 pm
- Write a humorous limerick on a topic related to occupational health and safety.
- A limerick is a humorous verse of five lines, in which the first, second and fifth lines rhyme with each other, and the third and fourth lines, which are shorter, form a rhymed couplet.
- Healthier Workforce Center members and their families are not eligible for the prize.
- Limerick must be submitted to email@example.com by 5 pm COB Feb 24, 2017.
- General contest rules are available here.
There once was a hermit named Dave
Who brought work home to his cave
Each pocket and cuff
Was contaminated with stuff
And now poor Dave’s in his grave
There was a roofer quite wise
A man of great age and poor eyes
Up the ladder with care
He’d carry each square
Cuz with safety there’s no comprise
A small business owner from Le Grand
set worker health on course to expand
The programs he prized,
could not be downsized.
So he made one with resources at hand.
There was a boastful plumber from Welling
Whose pipe fitting speed was compelling
But the completed service lines
Lacked the required safety signs
Was it hot? Was it cold? No telling.
There once was a boss named Sue
Who made work impossible to do
Each day and night
She’d give her staff a fright
So now Sue’s alone. Boo who
There once was a man from Nantucket
Who threw lab waste wherever he could chuck it.
Then he was working through the night
And a burner set the waste alight.
Now the man seals his flammables in a bucket