Choosing Your Area of Study
Public Health is an interdisciplinary field made up of a broad array of professionals in health (dentists, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, and veterinarians), social work, nutrition, environmental science, education, biostatistics, epidemiology, health services, law, urban planning and many other fields. Public health practitioners unite in a common goal of promoting health, preventing disease and injury, protecting the environment, and assuring optimal health services. Efforts are focused on communities and populations.
To assist with your MPH subtrack selection:
- Visit: What is Public Health? and explore the different areas of public health as well as gather career information.
- Study the different curriculum guides for each of the areas of study. MPH Areas of Study
- Attend College of Public Health Informational Fairs.
- Schedule a visit with the MPH Educational Advisor, and/or Graduate Program Coordinator in the area(s) that you are interested in.
- Volunteer at a local public health organization, which will expose you to the different areas of public health.