Living in Iowa City
Iowa City is a vibrant community of 62,000 set along the rolling banks of the Iowa River. The city is infused with a lively mix of restaurants, shops, music, art, festivals, sports, and family activities, yet retains the scope and friendliness of a small town. With its numerous parks, outstanding schools, and strong sense of community, Iowa City is an exceptional — and comfortable — place to live and learn.
A "Best Place" to Live
- Iowa City is the No. 3 best college town according to the American Institute for Economic Research's findings for 2010.
- Men's Journal ranked Iowa City as the "Healthiest Town in the United States" in 2010.
- Iowa City ranked No. 10 best city in "Today's Best and Worst Cities for Jobs" according to MSN CareerBuilder's 2010 list.
- Iowa City has been chosen the No. 1 place to live in the country by Editor & Publisher magazine, and one of "The Ten Most Enlightened Towns in America" by Utne magazine.
- Forbes magazine ranked Iowa City its No. 2 "Best Places for Business and Careers - Smaller Metros" and among the "Top Ten Up-and-Coming Tech Cities" in March 2008. Iowa City is again ranked No. 2 as the "Best Small Places for Business and Careers" in 2010.
- Iowa offers "a picturesque campus, a thriving social scene, and the excitement of Big Ten athletic teams," according to The Insider's Guide to the Colleges 2007.
- National Geographic Adventure magazine listed Iowa City as one of the "50 Best Places to Live and Play" in September 2007.
- Iowa City was listed as one of the 10 most affordable places to live and work by Sperling's Best Places in March 2007.
- Outside magazine named Iowa City the best town in the Midwest, and one of the best 30 towns in America, in 2007.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine ranked Iowa City its No. 10 "smart city" in 2006 for its reasonable cost of living and thriving cultural scene.
More Information about Iowa City
- University of Iowa Graduate Admissions
- Iowa City/Coralville Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Iowa City
- City of Iowa City
- University of Iowa Department of Public Safety