CPH Research Council
research Council Mission Statement
- To develop and to facilitate collaborative research and research training within the College; with other colleges at The University of Iowa; with other colleges and universities; with private organizations; and with state and federal governmental agencies.
- To identify research training opportunities resulting from and required by collaborative research.
- To identify problems or barriers that prevent the advancement of research and research training goals.
- To identify innovative public health research initiatives that will advance the strategic goals of the College.
FY 2012-2013 meeting schedule
The College of Public Health Research Council meetings will be held the third Friday of each month starting in September 2012 (December meeting is the second Friday due to the holiday). The meeting time is 9:30 to 11 a.m. and meetings will be held in the Dean Conference room (S162 CPHB).
- September 21, 2012
- October 19, 2012
- November 16, 2012
- December 14, 2012 (second Friday)
- January 18, 2013
- February 15, 2013
- March 15, 2013
- April 19, 2013
- May 17, 2013
Current Elected Membership
Please feel free to share your ideas and suggestions with any member of the Research Council.
Chris Coffey (BIO)
Faryle Nothwehr (CBH)
Betsy Chrischilles (EPI)
Fred Wolinsky (HMP), Chair
Bill Field (OEH)
Center Director Representatives
Fred Gerr, Co-Chair
UI Research Council Representative(s)
Sue Curry, Dean
Corinne Peek-Asa, Associate Dean for Research
Dana Lange, Administrative Service Specialist (Secretary)
Ann Coady, Associate Dean for Administration
Lucy DesJardin, Program Manager, State Hygienic Laboratory
Questions about the Research Council may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or directed to:
Ms. Dana Lange
Administrative Service Specialist
Office of the Associate Dean for Research
The University of Iowa
S142 College of Public Health Building
Iowa City, IA 52242