Resources For Farmers and Agricultural Workers
The Great Plains Center provides information on a variety of safety and health topics that can be used by operators, managers, families, employees, and others interested in agricultural health and safety. These pages include overviews of health or safety hazards and recommendations to maintain health and prevent injury and illness. A variety of resources, including videos, interactive tools, references, and publications, are provided at the end of each page for those seeking more information.
Click on a topic below to open a new web page.
(Clicking on the corresponding PDF file will open a printable version of the web page. Adobe Reader is required to open, view, or print PDF files. Click here to download Adobe Reader.)
- Grain Engulfment and Entrapment (View PDF Version)
- Hearing Loss (View PDF Version)
- Prevention of Heat Illness (View PDF Version)
- Tractor Overturns (View PDF Version)
- Older Farmers and Ranchers (View PDF Version)
- Foaming Manure Pit Dangers (View PDF Version)
- Manure Storage Pit Dangers: Hazardous Gas Awareness (View PDF Version)
- Manure Storage Pit Dangers: Identifying Hazardous Gases (View PDF Version)
While our additional topic pages are under construction, we invite you to learn more about agricultural health and safety topics through the following searchable web links:
For information on organizations involved in agricultural health and safety, pelase visit our LINKS page.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 319-335-4405.