This symposium is intended for nurses, nurse practitioners, safety professionals, human resources professionals, administrators, wellness administrators, and other individuals interested in improving the health and safety of workers. The theme of the 2018 conference is Healthy Work Design and Well-Being. The program will include the following speakers and topics:
Thursday, March 29
– Diane Rohlman, MA, PhD / Work & Stress & Health
– Erin Foster, ACPS / Opioids in the Workplace & Our Communities
– Troy Vander Molen, PT, DPT / Ergonomics and the Mobile Work Environment
– Joe Mullen, MPA, CSP / OSHA Update
– Jason Wiltfang, Attorney / New Changes in Iowa Workers’ Compensation
– Jeffrey Westpheling, MD, MPH / Common Occupational Injuries
Friday, March 30
– Nathan Fethke, PhD, CPE / Whole Body & Hand-Arm Vibration
– Larry Readout, MBA, CSP, WACH / Multi-Generational Risks: Slips, Trips, & Falls
– Mark Frederick / Identifying Safety Risks Using Wearable Technology
Based on participant feedback, this year’s conference will be a 1.5-day event ending at noon on Friday, March 30.
The conference has been approved to provide 9 Nurse CEU contact hours, 9 HR (General) recertification credit hours, and 9 General CEU contact hours. You can read the full brochure here.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.