2017 has already been a busy year full of incredible achievements for industrial hygiene trainees at the Heartland Center.
American Industrial Hygiene Foundation (AIHF) Awards
Four IH trainees received scholarships from the AIHF in recognition of “their commitment to their studies, their communities, and the profession of industrial hygiene.”
- Corey L. Boles, Clyde M. Berry Memorial Scholarship
- Changjie Cai, Clyde M. Berry Memorial Scholarship and Real Time Detection Systems Committee Scholarship
- Jayson C. Clinger, Clyde M. Berry Memorial Scholarship & Dennis Paustenbach Scholarship
- Alyson N. Gray, Clyde M. Berry Memorial Scholarship
Our IH faculty member Dr. Reneé Anthony also received an AIHA Distinguished Fellow Award.
Two IH trainees were awarded Heartland Center pilot grants:
- Changjie Cai, for the a study evaluating a personal aerosol collector and spectrometer
- Kate Crawford, for a study assessing occupational noise exposure among University of Iowa music faculty
AIHce 2017 Student Poster Awards
Three IH trainees received poster awards at AIHce 2017:
- Changjie Cai
- Christie De Vito
- Samantha Knowlton
You can see all of the poster presentations made by University of Iowa IH trainees at AIHce 2017 here.
Departmental, Collegiate, and University of Iowa Awards
Three IH students have received awards from the Department of Occupational & Environmental Health, the College of Public Health, or the University of Iowa:
- Changjie Cai, University of Iowa Graduate College Summer Fellowship
- Samantha Knowlton, Milford E. Barnes Occupational & Environmental Health Award
- Laura Hallett, Zwerling-Sprince Scholarship
Agricultural Safety & Health trainee Josie Rudolphi also received a Zwerling-Sprince scholarship!