- You must have earned a bachelor’s, graduate or professional degree.
- You must have a minimum grade-point average of 3.0.
- GRE preferred minimums are above the 60th percentile. The following scores may be substituted for the GRE: MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, DAT, GMAT, VCAT.
- TOEFL scores are required for international students except permanent residents or those who have earned a degree from an accredited institution in the US, Canada (except Quebec), Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom. The minimum recommended scores are: paper 600, computer 250, and internet 100.
To complete the application to the University of Iowa MS in Health Policy Program, applicants must submit applications and supporting documents to both the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS) and to the University of Iowa Office of Graduate Admissions. Applicants are asked to have their application materials submitted by April 15.
You can apply through SOPHAS at sophas.org. You will be required to:
- Complete an application
- Provide official transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees.
- A note for International Students: SOPHAS only accepts WES-evaluated transcripts. However, the University of Iowa does NOT accept WES evaluated transcripts. Therefore, you MUST send a separate official transcript to University of Iowa Office of International Graduate Admissions. Please click here for the address
- Provide official GRE scores. (The University of Iowa SOPHAS GRE code is 0658). The following scores may be substituted for the GRE: MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, DAT, GMAT, VCAT.
- Provide three letters of recommendation. These letters are submitted by your letter writers through SOPHAS. Detailed instructions on how these letters are submitted can be found here.
- Provide your resume or CV.
- Provide your TOEFL scores, if you are an international student.
- Write a personal statement. In your statement, please address the following question (1,500-word limit):
- How does the MS in Health Policy degree relate to your career goals?
2) Set up UI account and pay supplemental University of Iowa fee
- Once you have submitted all your materials to SOPHAS and your transcripts have been verified, you will receive an email from the department letting you know when to expect an email from the University of Iowa which will provide you with detailed instructions on setting up a University of Iowa account and paying the supplemental University of Iowa fee. Your application will be reviewed once this step is complete.
- All students (except those whose undergraduate degree was conferred at the University of Iowa), will need to send their final transcript (showing degree conferral) to the Office of Graduate admissions.