All-terrain vehicle (ATV) use on the farm has become ever more common. ATV riders in the state of Iowa ages 12 through 17 are required to have taken and passed an ATV education course and have an education certificate in their possession when riding on public land, public ice, and designated riding areas and trails, if these areas are signed open to ATV use.
Iowa ATV Education and Safety Resources
- 2014-Off-Highway-Vehicle-Reference-Guide, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, October 2014
- All-Terrain Vehicle Safety: ATV Safety for Farm Work, Recreation — Safe Farm, Iowa State University Extension
- ATV Education, Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- ATV Safety: Sizing for Operator (YouTube video), Iowa Department of Natural Resources
- ATV Safety Packet, Farm Safety for Just Kids
- Tips for ATV Riders, University of Iowa Children’s Hospital