Updates to the EPA’s Worker Protection Standard (WPS) include additional requirements for respirator use. Pesticide applicators and handlers, including farm owners and their immediate family, must comply with the WPS requirements for respirator training, medical evaluation, and fit testing when they apply any pesticide for agricultural use that requires a respirator on the label.
- EPA’s WPS How to Comply Manual
- List of Iowa Medical Providers who provide respirator medical evaluations and/or fit testing
- OSHA Respirator Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- IDALS WPS Compliance Summary Sheet
- Iowa Farmer Today Article: Standard Expands Respiratory Protection
- Iowa Farmer Today Article: Choosing the Right Respirator