Public health works 24/7 to protect and improve people’s health. Often, however, that work is overlooked or unrecognized. Beginning April 4, as part of National Public Health Week and CPH Research Week, we’re taking time to say Thanks, Public Health for the invaluable contributions public health makes every day through research, policy, and practice.
Via Facebook and Twitter, the College of Public Health will be sharing photos, videos, GIFs, and stories showing some of the ways that public health makes a difference in all our lives.
You’re invited to join us in social media to help spread the love for public health. Here’s how you can take part:
- Follow the College of Public Health’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, so you can see what’s being shared and add your voice to the mix.
- Like and share our Thanks, Public Health posts on our Facebook page.
- Help spread the word through our Twitter account (and yours, too!).
- Let us know what you’re thankful for – submit your Thanks, Public Health story or photo via Facebook or Twitter, and use the #thxpublichealth hashtag.
- The first 10 people to post a #thxpublichealth story/message on the college’s Facebook page or Tweet with the #thxpublichealth hashtag will receive a FREE UI College of Public Health T-shirt!
- During National Public Health Week (April 4-8), look for the Thanks, Public Health chalkboard kiosk in the CPHB Atrium and add your own #thxpublichealth message! We want this chalkboard to have messages from every department, degree program, research project, and center to help demonstrate the tremendous diversity and reach of public health. We’ll be visiting the kiosk throughout the week and sharing photos of great messages.
- There’ll also be a “selfie station” at the kiosk to make sharing your message even easier!
- Have fun with it!