- Work with students on-site, virtually, or a combination, enabling organizations from across the state an equal opportunity to partner with students
- Provide feedback to the College of Public Health on skills and knowledge students need prior to entering the workforce
- Utilize students to assist with large-scale campaigns, assessments, or activities
- Mobilize a team of student volunteers to respond to emergent situations more effectively
- Enlist a team to assist with large events or projects
- Receive assistance on new technology, initiatives, and communication channels, including social media with the supplemental skillsets of a new generation of public health professionals.
- Network with potential future job applicants
- Opportunities to observe how public health theory translates to real-world applications
- Practical experience, preparing them for future day-to-day responsibilities
- Insight into the multitude of career opportunities available in the diverse public health-related organizations throughout Iowa
- Connections to potential employers
Though some students may have specific projects they plan to complete, we encourage you to choose or suggest a project that would be beneficial to your organization. We will match you with an interested student or group of students, depending on the project.