The integration of instructional tools and learning applications is common practice for online, blended, and traditional classroom settings.
The College of Public Health’s Office of Learning Technologies serves as the collegiate point of contact for university supported learning applications.
The most used learning applications are Learning Management Systems (LMS). ICON, the university’s LMS, allows a faculty member to deliver course content, quizzing/evaluation, and provide discussion space all in an online, password-protected learning environment.
Multiple learning applications can be integrated to provide a robust and rich learning environment.
The following learning applications are supported by this office and the University of Iowa:
- ICON (Learning Management System – Online Classroom)
- Panopto (Lecture Capture)
- Zoom (Videoconferencing)
- TopHat Student Response (clickers)
- Turn It In (Plagiarism Detection Software)
- WiKi (Collaborative Workspace)
- Webinar (Large Event Video Broadcast)
- Kaltura (Media Storage and Streaming Service)
For just-in-time training email email@example.com