Grant Proposal Resources
Grant Proposal or Contract Preparation Materials
- College of Public Health Resources
General information about CPH resources and facilities for use in applications.
- The University of Iowa Application Information
Frequently needed information about The University of Iowa for use in applications.
- Proposal Development Fund
Internal resources for proposal development. Including grant writing, editing, reviews, graphic design, and other support.
- Application Forms
Forms for externally funded grants and contracts.
- Scientific Editing and Research Communication Core Resources
SERCC provides in-depth advice on how to maximize the clarity of scientific documents. They have templates for grant writing, timetables for grant writing, and boilerplate text.
- Grant Proposal Checklist
Checklist for managing external funding proposal preparations.
- Grant Writing Resource Library
Contains examples of successful proposals and examples of various components required for proposals including budget justifications, resource sharing plans, and data management plans.
- NIH Types of Grant Programs
Breakdown of the different types of grant programs awarded by NIH.
- NIH Career Development Awards
Breakdown of career development awards available through NIH.
- NIH R01 Tool Kit
From Science – information about the R01 grant and application process.
- R01 Sample Applications and Summary Statements
Examples of accepted applications provided by NIAID.
- NIH Standard Receipt Dates
Due dates and review/award cycles for NIH grant applications.
- NIH Grant Review Process Video
A mock review session that provides an inside look at how NIH grant applications are reviewed for scientific and technical merit.
- Individual Development Plan for Postdoctoral Research, required for NIH & NSF-funded projects.
- NIH Quick Guide for Grant Application
Information on applying from the National Institutes of Health
- All About Grants
Collection of information from NIAID about the grant writing process.