The IT office will troubleshoot problems and offer guidance, advice, and training to faculty, staff, and students within the College of Public Health. Desktop support and training are provided for the following platforms/technologies:
- Personal Data Assistants (PDAs)
Note: http://lynda.uiowa.edu also offers video-based training for many software titles to all CPH faculty, staff, and students.
Support is also offered in the following areas:
- Sharepoint – Sharepoint is a free service provided by the University of Iowa; it is a web-based collaboration tool that allows you to securely share electronic documents with members of a project team- on or off campus over the internet. Contact Jeremy Stoltenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ruxton Smith (email@example.com) for more information.
- Database Administration – The College of Public Health provides a shared Microsoft SQL database service that can meet the needs of most individuals. Contact Jeremy Stoltenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ruxton Smith (email@example.com) for more information.
- Network/Server Administration – Our network includes over 50 servers, over 40TB of network storage and over 1000 networked computers.
- Video Conferencing – Polycom video conferencing software and hardware and the Iowa Communications Network are currently utilized to meet video conferencing needs and to transmit classes around the state. Contact the Distance Education Coordinator, Ray Bennett, for course related video conferencing and instructional technology needs.
- Student Laptop Checkout – The IT office facilitates a student laptop checkout program. Wireless-equipped laptops can be checked out from the IT offices for 48 hours on a first come, first served basis. No reservations will be taken. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or stop by one of our IT Offices to check a laptop out.
Support Hours and Locations
The IT offices are located in N140 in the College of Public Health Building on the main campus and 135 IREH in the UI Research Park.
Collegiate IT Support hours are from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday.