The Preventive Intervention Center at the College of Public Health acts as a resource for preventive and clinical trial design and conduct. Its purpose is to conduct research that would lead to prevention of diseases and health conditions and to reduce the consequences of existing health changes. Studies are done on a population, community or clinical level.
The Preventive Intervention Center has five principal goals:
- To maintain a core methodologic unit for the design and conduct of intervention studies,
- To develop new methods for testing and evaluating prevention strategies,
- To educate students and practitioners in the evaluation and use of preventive intervention methods and programs,
- To collaborate with practitioners, scientists, and government officials in evaluating new prevention methods, and
- To evaluate and carry out prevention methodology, screening tests, and interventions in populations
See the studies we are currently working on at the PIC
A few links to help out those interested in our research work.
Information regarding the two PIC facilities at the University of Iowa