The University of Iowa College of Public Health Alumni Advisory Council is comprised of members representing various class years, degree programs, geographic areas, genders, and ethnicities. The Council meets to serve the needs of the CPH community, through their desire to retain close ties with their alma mater and support the mission of the College.
The CPH Alumni Advisory Council exists to help create opportunities that nurture broad, college-level alumni engagement and enhance the student experience within the College of Public Health.
The council fulfills this mission by participating in and promoting college-wide activities that connect alumni and current students, facilitating strong connections between alumni, and honoring alumni achievements.
- Jessica Beswick, 17MS, Occupational & Environmental Health
Assistant Chief Engineer, Iowa City VA Medical Center
- Emma Gelman, 08MPH, Community & Behavioral Health
Public Health Advisor, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chicago Department of Public Health Immunization Program
- Alyson Gray, 18MS, Occupational & Environmental Health
HSE Engineer I, Honeywell FM&T
- Shardé Hameed, 14MPH & 15PharmD
Clinical/Staff Pharmacist, Loyola Medicine-MacNeal Hospital
- Danielle Pettit-Majewski (Council Chair), 10MPH, Community & Behavioral Health
Administrator, Washington County Public Health and Home Care
- Lena Swander, 16MPH, Epidemiology
Chronic Disease Prevention Epidemiologist, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Patrick Ten Eyck, 15PhD, Biostatistics
Assistant Director, Biostatistics and Research Design, Institute for Clinical and Translational Science; University of Iowa
- John VanBuren, 13MS and 16PhD, Biostatistics
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah
- Kyle Wilcox, 11MHA, Health Management & Policy
VP of Finance and Business Development, UnityPoint Health – Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Geneva Wilson, 19PhD, Epidemiology
Research Health Scientist, Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital