The purpose of the University of Iowa College of Public Health digital signage system in the CPH Building is to highlight collegiate events and accomplishments and to promote a cohesive collegiate culture to the CPH community and visitors. The College of Public Health Office of Communications and External Relations manages the content on the digital signs located in common spaces throughout the CPH Building. Digital signage within departments is scheduled by the individual departments.
How to Submit a Slide
- College of Public Health departments, programs, and student organizations and other University of Iowa units are welcome to submit slides for the digital signage system. Space for College of Public Health signs will be prioritized over non-collegiate announcements.
- Size: 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high. Resolution: minimum of 72 ppi. Format: jpeg or png
- If you use Canva to create a slide, select the template called “Presentation Wide (16:9)” and save as a png file.
- Slides should be submitted at least seven working days in advance of any event/deadline. Please allow two working days for processing.
- The following information should be included on the slide:
- The title of the lecture or event;
- Date, time, and location of the event;
- Any other relevant information, such as “free and open to the public” or “RSVP to ….” or a short web URL that leads to more information;
- In compliance with the University’s obligations under applicable federal and state law, all institutional and departmental publications that describe or invite public participation in programs at the University are to contain the following statement:
- “Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact (insert: the sponsoring department or contact person) in advance at (insert: telephone number).”
- The sponsoring department name or contact person and telephone number must be incorporated into the statement, as it is the responsibility of the sponsoring department which is most familiar with the event to make the necessary reasonable accommodations.
- Please keep the content as short as possible. Keep ease of reading in mind.
- If the sign has typographical errors, is not sufficiently legible, is the wrong format, or has other errors, it will be returned for corrections.
- Send the sign as an attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Sign” in the subject line.
Examples of Acceptable Messages
- Announcements pertaining to CPH-sponsored activities, events, programs, and services
- Recognition, honors, and awards given to individuals and/or organizations within the college
- Welcome messages and greetings to speakers, visitors, and prospective students
- Announcements from other University of Iowa student organizations, departments, and programs, as space permits.
- Important dates and deadlines related to research and academic calendars
- Internal marketing
Examples of Unacceptable Messages
- Personal messages or items for sale
- Messages that are commercial in content
- The text of all signs will be reviewed for content and clarity. Slides may be returned for revisions or additional information.
- Accuracy of posted information is the responsibility of the person, group, or office submitting content.
- The CPH Office of Communications and External Relations cannot guarantee that submissions will be published on the display system. The Communications Office reserves the right to make editorial judgments about any submitted item based on institutional considerations, space availability, appropriateness, and other discretionary factors that may affect publication of the announcement.