The purpose of the University of Iowa College of Public Health digital signage system in the CPH Building is to highlight collegiate events and accomplishments and to promote a cohesive collegiate culture to the CPH community and visitors. The College of Public Health Office of Communications and External Relations manages the content on the digital signs located in common spaces throughout the CPH Building.
How to Submit a Bulletin
- College of Public Health departments, programs, and student organizations and other University of Iowa units are welcome to submit bulletins for the digital signage system. Space for College of Public Health bulletins will be prioritized over non-collegiate announcements.
- Size: 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high. Resolution: minimum of 72 ppi. Format: jpeg or png
- Bulletins should be submitted at least seven working days in advance of any event/deadline. Please allow two working days for processing. The bulletin will be scheduled to automatically expire at the end of the event.
- In an email message, provide the following information:
- The type of event (such as “Epidemiology Seminar”);
- The title of the lecture or event;
- The speaker’s name, title, academic degrees, and affiliation;
- Date, time, and location of the event;
- Any other relevant information, such as “free and open to the public” or “RSVP to ….” or a short web URL that leads to more information;
- A digital photo of the speaker, if available.
- Messages that invite public participation in programs must include the University’s accessibility statement with contact information filled in.
- Please keep the length as short as possible. About 30 words is suggested.
- Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Sign” in the subject line.
- The Communications Office will create and schedule the bulletin.
Examples of Acceptable Messages
- Announcements pertaining to CPH-sponsored activities, events, programs, and services
- Recognition, honors, and awards given to individuals and/or organizations within the college
- Welcome messages and greetings to speakers, visitors, and prospective students
- Announcements from other University of Iowa student organizations, departments, and programs, as space permits.
- Important dates and deadlines related to research and academic calendars
- Internal marketing
Examples of Unacceptable Messages
- Personal messages or items for sale
- Messages that are commercial in content
- The text of all bulletins will be reviewed for content and clarity. Messages may be edited prior to posting or returned for revisions or additional information.
- Accuracy of posted information is the responsibility of the person, group, or office submitting content.
- The CPH Office of Communications and External Relations cannot guarantee that submissions will be published on the display system. The Communications Office reserves the right to make editorial judgments about any submitted item based on institutional considerations, space availability, appropriateness, and other discretionary factors that may affect publication of the announcement.