The words and images we choose; the symbols, fonts, and colors we use; and the stories we tell all help convey our brand. The resources on this page and the University of Iowa brand manual web site are designed to help you communicate your message in a way that is compelling to your audiences, distinctive from our peer institutions, and true to our identity as an institution. The College of Public Health and its academic and administrative units are part of the University of Iowa brand and must align with the institutional visual identity.
To download, right click on the logo link below that is appropriate for your needs. Select “Save Link As,” and choose where you wish to save the file. Insert the image file into your project.
- SVG files are for use on screens and in print. SVG files are a newer file format. SVG files display well on screens and in print, and can be enlarged or reduced to any size without loss of resolution. However, many vendors will use legacy equipment that might not support SVG, in which case the EPS is more appropriate.
- PNG files are for screen use. PNG files are best used for screen applications, including websites, Microsoft PowerPoint, and email. Do not use PNG files for print or merchandise applications. PNG files will not scale up, so don’t attempt to use them larger than their original size.
- EPS files are for print or merchandise use. EPS files are best used for print or merchandise applications, including letterhead, t-shirts, water bottles, mugs, pens, etc. EPS files can be enlarged or reduced without loss of resolution. However, EPS files often don’t display well on screens and are not appropriate for web use.
The CPH logo (sometimes referred to as the CPH lockup) should be used according to the lockup guidelines on the UI brand manual website. All UI-approved lockups can be downloaded in SVG format from the brand manual. If you need assistance with logos or a different approved color variation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPH lockup SVGs
CPH lockup PNGs
CPH lockup EPS files
CPH Affinity Lockups
Affinity lockups draw on established shorthand name recognition for key approved units and groups. These lockups are styled for greater flexibility in small spaces. The “Public Health” affinity lockup is available from the brand manual site as a ZIP file containing EPS and PNG versions — in color, black, reversed, horizontal, and stacked formats as well as trademarked (TM) versions for merchandise only.
College of Public Health departments should use the letterhead templates provided below. Please do not modify the templates.
- Biostatistics letterhead
- Community and Behavioral Health letterhead
- Epidemiology letterhead
- Health Management and Policy letterhead
- Occupational and Environmental Health letterhead
Departmental logos are available in sets of SVG files from the brand manual site. SVG files can be easily converted to PNG or EPS files using online file converters such as cloudconvert, or graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. Email us if you need assistance with file conversion.
- Biostatistics logo set
- Community and Behavioral Health logo set
- Epidemiology logo set
- Health Management and Policy logo set
- Occupational and Environmental Health logo set
University of Iowa Block IOWA Logo
CPH PowerPoint Templates
Editorial Style Guides
The University of Iowa uses predominantly AP style, with some exceptions. Consult the UI editorial style guide for more instruction and details.
The University has also developed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Style Guide that attempts to answer common questions and provide thoughtful guidance on topics that may be encountered when creating and/or editing content.
PowerPoint templates for large format poster presentations.
- Black and gold (48″ wide x 36″ high)
- Black header (48″ wide x 36″ high)
- Gold header (48″ wide x 36″ high)
- Black header (72″ wide x 42″ high)
Choose from a collection of College of Public Health photos and backgrounds sized for Zoom.
If you have questions about appropriate use of the logo and brand, please email email@example.com.