Collaboration in Rural-Focused Research: A Framework for Researchers and Communities
Due to illness, we are canceling the “open discussion” scheduled for Oct 19. We will reschedule the event, stay tuned!
Thursday, October 19 | 10:15 – 11:30 AM
Meet in an open session to have Ball State faculty present their approach and interact with interested faculty
Executive Boardroom • 245 Iowa Memorial Union • Iowa City, IA 52242
A discussion of multidisciplinary research that includes community engagement designed to increase prospects for sustainable rural communities. The discussion is informed by the use of the Comprehensive Rural Wealth Framework developed by RUPRI and USDA scholars (see www.rupri.org). Researchers from Ball State’s RUPRI Center for Local and State Policy and state policy makers who are translating research into practice in rural communities will lead a discussion of how to do so, and the win-win for research and community action.
This event is being hosted by Iowa’s RUPRI Center for Rural Health Policy Analysis, the Office of Community Engagement, and the Public Policy Center, who together will continue to support researchers interested in implementing this framework across Iowa.
- Understand how to use a comprehensive framework to optimize original research.
- Learn how use the framework to advance community engagement.
- Develop a campus collaboration (affinity group) to optimize research and practice beneficial to rural people and places.
- David Terrell, Executive Director, RUPRI Center for Local and State Policy, Ball State University
- Emily J. Wornell, Research Assistant Professor, RUPRI Center for Local and State Policy
- Keith Mueller, Director, Rural Policy Research Institute, College of Public Health, University of Iowa
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Dragana Petic in advance at (319) 335-6800 or email@example.com.