The Iowa Environmental Health Association (IEHA) is pleased to announce that the call for abstracts for the 2016 IEHA Fall Environmental Health Conference is open now through July 1, 2016. The conference is October 18th -19th, 2016, at the Iowa Valley Continuing Education Conference Center in Marshalltown, Iowa. Please review the guidance document below before submitting an abstract.
In addition to food safety, on-site sewage and water well abstracts, the conference is also interested in the following topics:
- Lead/healthy homes
- Meth cleanup
- Mental health/hoarding/worker safety dealing with these
- Animal Rescue League – hoarding/worker safety when encountering animals
- Status of aquifers – geologic survey
- Bed bugs / pest control
- Clean water act
- Unsewered communities
- Oil/gas pipeline (environmental effects plus everything that goes with these moving projects – food, lodging, etc)
- Air Quality (indoor and outdoor)
- Environmental health’s role in public health/history of environmental health
To submit an abstract, please review the submission guidelines and utilize the abstract submission form.
Abstract Submission Form (pdf)
Abstract Submission Form (docx)
Abstracts are due July 1, 2016.
Please play a role in shaping the content for the 2016 IEHA Fall Environmental Health Conference to assure that it continues to evolve to meet the needs of the region’s environmental health professionals.
Please contact Eric Bradley (click here for email) or at 563.326.8618 x8811 if you have any questions.