Tune in to 2019 Cancer in Iowa discussion on IPR March 5
Published on February 27, 2019
Tune-in to Iowa Public Radio’s River to River program at noon on Tuesday, March 5 to hear researchers and clinicians discuss the 2019 Cancer in Iowa report with a special focus on HPV-related cancers. Guests will include:
- Dr. Mary Charlton, assistant professor of epidemiology at the University of Iowa College of Public Health.
- Dr. George Weiner, director of Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Iowa, president of the Board of Directors for the Iowa Cancer Consortium, and President of the Association of American Cancer Institutes.
- Dr. Nathan Boonstra, pediatrician at Blank Children’s Hospital in Des Moines.
- Heather Meador RN, BSN, clinical branch supervisor at Linn County Public Health
- Jon Scharingson, HPV-related throat and neck cancer survivor from Des Moines.
You can listen online at: https://www.iowapublicradio.org/