Iowa Summit: Underage Drinking & Social Host Laws
September 13, 2018
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Animal Rescue League, 5452 N.E. 22nd St, Des Moines, IA 50313
How do we successfully prevent underage drinking?
Do social host laws make a difference?
What other ideas do you have to help prevent underage drinking?
Be part of the conversation. Join us for a community summit to learn the latest research on Iowa’s social host laws and how to impact underage drinking.
Register here by September 6, 2018
(Or use this link in browser: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8o96wogqCXeIGLb )
- Opening remarks
- Presentation of research project and findings
- Paul Gilbert, PhD, Assistant Professor at University of Iowa, Policy Fellow with the University of Iowa Institute of Public Health Research and Policy
- Panel of expert commentary
- Angie Asa-Lovstad, Alliance of Coalitions for Change
- Julie Hibben, Iowa Department of Public Health
- Greg Graver, Jones County Sheriff
- Working lunch (lunch is provided)
- Develop next steps related to alcohol policy and practice
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact the College of Public Health in advance at (319) 384-1500.