Professional Self Care Series
Speaker: Vanessa Lohf, LBSW | Public Health Project Specialist at the Community Engagement Institute, Wichita State University
Recording, slides, transcripts and handouts for each webinar:
- Webinar 1: Stress, Burnout, Resilience, OH MY!
- Webinar 2: Practicing Self-Compassion
- Webinar 3: The Compass Wellness Model
- Webinar 4: Reconnecting with Purpose
- Webinar 5: Saying “No” to say “Yes” at Work
Download the flyer to learn more: Professional Self-Care Series 2022 Flyer
Critical Incident Desensitization Protocol Workshop
Speaker: Sheila Russell, LISW, CADC | EMDR therapist, Front Line Therapy LLC
In recent years, public health practitioners have been inundated with a high frequency of exposure to traumatic and adverse experiences. Grounding, stabilization, and desensitization tools can be particularly beneficial to assist colleagues and/or patients cope with and overcome stressful or traumatic experiences or events. Studies have shown that immediate desensitization of traumatic experiences reduces the possibility of the development of PTSD.
In this 4 hour training, participants will learn a set of crisis intervention protocols that immediately reduces some of the impacts of a traumatic or overwhelming event. CIDP was developed to assist non-mental health care professionals in times of high stress. While CIDP uses eye movements and other therapy concepts, it is not considered psychotherapy.
1. Identify the neurological foundations of trauma
2. Describe the CIDP treatment intervention protocols
3. Demonstrate the use of CIDP in public health practice
View the video below to learn more about Critical Incident Desensitization Protocol.