The UI College of Public Health’s Alumni Relations Advisory Council held its inaugural meeting on April 8, 2016. The Council was formed to enhance overall CPH alumni programming and complement alumni initiatives at the department and program level.
The meeting included overviews of the College, current alumni efforts, and the new undergraduate program. Several student projects were featured and the CPH Student Association presented results from their survey to all CPH students on how they would like to engage with alumni. Small group discussion topics focused on alumni-student engagement activities, professional development, events, volunteer opportunities, and support for diversity initiatives. A reception followed the meeting that offered alumni an opportunity to connect with students, deans, department heads and coordinators.
Alumni attending this first meeting included:
- Desiree Einsweiler, MHA 2007 – Health Management & Policy
- Dwight Ferguson, MS 2006 – Epidemiology, PhD 2012 – Occupational & Environmental Health
- Michelle Formanek, MS 2013 – Epidemiology
- Shardé Hameed, MPH 2014, PharmD 2015
- Tom Hart, MPH 2006 – Occupational & Environmental Health
- Katie Jones, MPH 2012 – Community & Behavioral Health
- Stephanie Kliethermes, MS 2009 & PhD 2013 – Biostatistics
- Nikki Knapp, MS 2006 – Occupational & Environmental Health
- David-Erick Lafontant, MS 2013 – Biostatistics
- Danielle Pettit-Majewski, MPH 2010 – Community & Behavioral Health
- Steve Slessor, MHA 2008 – Health Management & Policy
- JonDavid Sparks, PhD 2009 – Biostatistics