The Science of Health Equity Summit
Student Poster Session
9 to 10:30 a.m., April 5, 2018
College of Public Health Building, Iowa City
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit an abstract for consideration as a poster presentation at the annual Health Equity Advancement Lab (HEAL) Summit at the University of Iowa College of Public Health. We seek to highlight students’ research and practice that illustrate HEAL’s principles of health equity. We define health equity as the attainment of the highest possible health status for all people. We seek to highlight students’ research and practice that illustrates HEAL’s principles of health equity (described below). It can be achieved when society actively removes barriers that disproportionately affect the health status of particular individuals and groups within a society.
Abstracts are due by March 2, 2018, at 11:59 pm CST. Authors of accepted submissions will be notified by March 9, 2017. Presenters of posters are expected to arrive at 8:30 a.m. on April 5 to set up their poster in the atrium of the College of Public Health Building and must stay until the completion of the poster presentation at 10:30 a.m. Presenters are invited to stay for the entire summit, which runs until 1:30 p.m.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts must not exceed 250 words.
- Abstracts must contain the following sections: background/introduction, methods, results, and discussion.
- Abstracts should be uploaded as a word document or a PDF.
- Presenters will be asked to also submit brief statements summarizing how their project is related to the HEAL principles of Health Equity (projects do not have to be related to all of the principles of health equity. PLEASE ONLY FILL IN INFORMATION FOR PRINCIPLES RELATED TO YOUR PROJECT). Definitions for these principles can be found below.
- Abstracts must be completed using the online submission form found below.
- Abstracts can be submitted online through March 2, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST.
- Maximum poster size is 50×38 inches.
- Presenters are expected to prepare a two-minute presentation to present to people viewing their poster.
- Black-and-white or color posters are both acceptable.
- Presenters are responsible for any poster printing costs.
- Poster stand and tacks will be provided by HEAL.
- Example templates for this poster can be found here: Example 1 | Example 2
- Abstract deadline: March 2, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST
- Acceptance notification: March 9, 2018
- Summit: April 5, 2018 (Arrive at 8:30 a.m. to set up your poster)
Submit your abstract
Please direct any questions to Becky Bucklin at email@example.com.