The College of Public Health annually presents staff awards to recognize current staff for outstanding accomplishments and contributions in research and service. Criteria include: coordination and/or support of research activities, substantive contributions to scientific investigation, original authorship of scholarly publications, and/or dissemination of results at scientific meetings. Such contributions must extend beyond those normally expected or required by a job description.
- Who is eligible: All permanent (50% or more appointment) Professional and Scientific and Merit staff in the College of Public Health who have not received this award within the last five years is are eligible. An individual may be nominated for both the Staff Research Award and the Staff Service Award, however, the individual will only be eligible to win one category.
- Who may make a nomination: Any member of the College of Public Health (faculty, staff, or students) may make nominations.
- Awards Committee members may not nominate.
- All materials should be emailed to Justin Goodchild.
- Awards Committee selects the recipient.
Non-organized P&S and MSC/E award winners will receive a certificate and $1,000 in the form of cash for personal use. AFSCME and SEIU covered staff will receive a certificate and $1,000 funding to support their professional development, educational enrichment and/or work-related equipment. Awards will be presented at the spring awards ceremony.
- Complete requested information on the nomination form with a 150-200 word statement from the nominator, describing the nominee’s activities and accomplishments that demonstrates how the nominee has met the award criteria.
- Staff nominated for the award will be contacted via email to request their acknowledgement of the nomination.