Learning and Development Opportunities
A variety of e-learning resources allow you the opportunity to access online courses and lessons on your schedule, from any internet-accessible computer.
- LinkedIn Learning:(previously called Lynda.com) is an online training library that provides access to thousands of online courses on productivity, web design, graphic design, photography, programming, coding, and more.LinkedIn Learning’s personalized learning experience is available free of charge to all University of Iowa students, faculty, and staff.
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.)
- Apple products (iPad, iPhone, etc.)
- Web and mobile app design
- Development and Programming
- Google Products
- Time management, running effective meetings, and more
- Business skills (leadership and manager fundamentals, etc.)
- With constantly growing content, updated weekly and sometimes daily, Lynda offers the training necessary to stay ahead of the curve.
Funding for professional development:
CPH Staff Professional Development Fund
- The Professional Development fund program is administered by the CPH Staff Council and provides professional development opportunities for collegiate staff.
- The Tuition Assistance program allows eligible faculty and staff to apply for financial assistance to help defray the cost of tuition (excluding other fees) for one college credit course (up to four semester hours). This online application process is available via the Employee Self Service site. Located under Personal – Learning & Development – Tuition Assistance Application, eligible applicants complete and send the application through the Workflow System for approval and processing.
- Auditing UI Courses (pdf) All faculty and staff are eligible to audit (i.e., register for zero semester hours) one University of Iowa course per semester without being assessed tuition and mandatory fees for that course.
- The Mary Jo Small Staff Fellowship Award Program allows professional and scientific or merit staff members to attend international, national, or regional conferences and workshops that will aid them in their work. The application is open all year, with two award periods annually.