College of Public Health Staff Council Mission Statement
The purpose of the College of Public Health Staff Council is to voice concerns and issues of represented staff to College of Public Health Administration, facilitate communication within the College, and ensure staff involvement in committees and discussions that affect College of Public Health represented staff. The CPHSC is an elected body that represents staff members in the College of Public Health. This constituent group is composed of staff that are non-organized Professional and Scientific and Merit Exempt personnel holding a regular appointment of 50% or more within the College.
The Goals of the CPHSC include:
- Develop and promote activities and opportunities to enhance the quality of work-life for staff.
- Advocate changes or improvements for staff.
- Advise the College Administrative Liaison and the Dean on policies affecting staff members where the discretion remains with the college on the actual policy application.
- Inform staff of the activities of the CPHSC.
- Develop a broader understanding among the staff of the strategic goals and challenges of the college.
- Provide opportunities for all staff to participate in outreach activities such as diversity initiatives, professional development, community building and philanthropic activities.
- Facilitate communication between staff and college administration.
- Meetings (including schedule, agendas and minutes)
- Bylaws (PDF)
- CPH Apparel available for purchase
- Professional Development fund
- Chair, Community & Behavioral Health, Kate Thrams
- Administration, Vickie Miene
- Epidemiology, Gary Hulett
- Health Management & Policy, Kate Duffus
- Vice Chair, Occupational and Environmental Health, Jackie Curnick
- Biostatistics, Julie Qidwai
- Org Representative to UI Staff Council, Gayle Robertson (mid-2019 Juile Qidwai)
- Administrative Liaison, Kay Shie
- At-large, Janet Duncan
- At-large, Chuck Hession
- Secretary, At-large, Patrick Riepe