Jeanie Kimbel, MA, CCSP
Career Services, MPH Applied Practice Experience
Office: N180 CPHB
Sophie Switzer, MSc, CCSP
Career Services, Experiential Learning, Global Public Health
Office: N178 CPHB
Career advisors in the college and at the university career centers are available for career counseling by appointment. To schedule an appointment with a collegiate advisor, students should log in to MyUI, select Advising Appointments, and click on College Offices or select the appropriate option below.
Resume & Document Review
Public Health career counselors have set aside designated 30-minute appointments each week to assist students with a detailed and personalized review of their professional documents, including resumes, CVs, and cover letters. Students should review the appropriate workshop recording below prior to their scheduled appointment.
Upcoming Career Events
- Fill Your Cup: Self Care for Careers of Service (Thursday, December 7th 2023, 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm EST)
- Save the date: Wednesday, September 20th- Interview Sessions- Research techs (Wednesday, September 20th 2023, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT)
- Public Health Resume & CV Review Lab (Monday, November 6th 2023, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm CST)
- Finding Healthcare Administration Internships (Thursday, September 28th 2023, 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT)
- Navigating USAJOBS & Introduction to Federal Resume Writing (28 SEP 2023) (Thursday, September 28th 2023, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT)
A full list of upcoming public health career events can be viewed on Handshake (HawkID login required).
If there is a particular topic you would like to see offered as a workshop or you have additional comments, suggestions, or requests for the Public Health Career Services Office, please submit them using the form below.