Jeanie Kimbel, MA, CCSP
Career Services, MPH Applied Practice Experience
Office: N180 CPHB
Sophie Switzer, MSc, CCSP
Career Services, Experiential Learning, Global Public Health
Office: N178 CPHB
Career advisors in the college and at the university career centers are available for career counseling by appointment. To schedule an appointment with a collegiate advisor, students should log in to MyUI, select Advising Appointments, and click on College Offices or select the appropriate option below.
Resume & Document Review
Public Health career counselors have set aside designated 30-minute appointments each week to assist students with a detailed and personalized review of their professional documents, including resumes, CVs, and cover letters. Students should review the appropriate workshop recording below prior to their scheduled appointment.
Upcoming Career Events
- ScribeAmerica Virtual Info Session CST (Tuesday, May 31st 2022, 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm EDT)
- ScribeAmerica Virtual Info Session CST (Friday, May 27th 2022, 11:00 am - 11:30 am EDT)
- NNSA Graduate Fellowship Program Virtual Information Session – September 20, 2022 (Tuesday, September 20th 2022, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EDT)
- NNSA Graduate Fellowship Program Virtual Information Session – September 8, 2022 (Thursday, September 8th 2022, 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT)
- Dominion Energy's Careers in Energy 2022 Diversity Student Conference - University of Iowa (Virtual) (Thursday, October 13th 2022, 9:00 am EDT - Friday, October 14th 2022, 5:00 pm EDT)
A full list of upcoming public health career events can be viewed on Handshake (HawkID login required).
If there is a particular topic you would like to see offered as a workshop or you have additional comments, suggestions, or requests for the Public Health Career Services Office, please submit them using the form below.