The major function of the Curriculum Committee is to facilitate the involvement of the faculty of the UI College of Public Health (CPH) in the promotion of quality education in public health and related fields by working with departments and other program units to aid in the development and implementation of curricular policies. Input into recommendations for enhancement of educational quality will be sought from students, faculty and administrators. In addition to providing curricular oversight of the College’s educational programs, members of the Curriculum Committee will also participate, with departmental DEOs and other academic administrators, in the development of policy with respect to the quality of teaching.
Each department and program will be represented by a faculty member appointed by its DEO; the committee chair will be appointed by the CPH Faculty Council. At a minimum, an MPH student, an MHA student, and an MS/PhD student will also be named to the committee. The Associate Dean for Education and Student Affairs and the Collegiate Programs Advisor will be ex officio to the committee.
- Patrick Breheny, Associate Professor
- Mary Charlton, Associate Professor
- Margaret Chorazy, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Clinical Associate Professor
- Patrick O’Shaughnessy, Professor, Director of Graduate Studies
- Anne Helene Skinstad, Clinical Professor, Program Director, National American Indian and Alaska Native Addiction Technology Transfer Center, Co-Director, YMSM + LGBT ATTC Center of Excellence
- Logan Harris (Biostatistics)
- Lauren Barlow (Occupational and Environmental Health)