The College of Public Health Service Award recognizes faculty members who have provided extraordinary service to the college, department and/or university as well as professional service. One award is given each year. The awardee can range from a junior to senior faculty member, and the nomination can be for a specific service project or for a commitment to service over a longer time period.
- Who is eligible: Any faculty member who has not received this award within the last five years is eligible.
- Who may make a nomination: students, staff, faculty, or outside collaborators can make a nomination. Self-nominations are not permitted.
- Awards Committee members may not nominate.
- All materials should be emailed to Justin Goodchild.
- Awards Committee selects the recipient.
- Complete requested information on the nomination form with a 150-200 word statement from the nominator, recounting the nominee’s qualifications, including:
- Overview of service to the college, department, and university (e.g., committees, workgroups, task forces, search committees).
- Overview of professional service (e.g., office holders, membership on governing boards and advisory boards, membership on editorial boards, journal editorship, and conference organizer).
- Nominee’s CV will be pulled from the APR and be made available to the Awards Committee.