Below is a list of shared space and how they can be scheduled.
NOTE: Room capacities have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check the room capacity limits noted at each space.
Group Rooms are scheduled by individuals via Outlook and will automatically be approved if there are no scheduling conflicts.
Conference rooms are scheduled via Outlook and will be approved pending review by department/unit.
|Room||Capacity||Outlook Name||Reviewed/Approved by|
|N402||22||RES-CPHB-N402||Community & Behavioral Health|
|N565||6||RES-CPHB-N565||Iowa Institute of Public Health Research & Policy|
Space primarily used for instruction continues to be scheduled via Ad Astra.
|CPHB C201||Computer Classroom||28|
|CPHB C303||Seminar Room||9|
|CPHB C401||Computer Classroom||28|
The Lactation Room is scheduled by individuals via Outlook and will automatically be approved if there are no scheduling conflicts.
How to schedule
Approval of requests will be handled as follows:
- Group rooms will be automatically approved based on availability and you will receive an automated e-mail confirmation.
- Conference rooms will be reviewed/approved by the appropriate department. Once a request has been approved, an e-mail will be sent as confirmation.
To add a room via Outlook
- Create a new meeting (pull down the “New Items” menu and select “Meeting.”)
- At the end of the Location bar, click the “Rooms…” button.
- Select the appropriate room from the list. Rooms in CPHB all start with “RES-CPHB-” and then the room number. Double-click on the room to add it, and then click OK. The room will be added as an invitee to the meeting.
- Set the start and end times of the meeting, and the “Room Finder” panel on the right will show if the room is available and suggest alternate times, if necessary.
To add a room via Office365
- Log in to Office365 and select the Calendar app.
- Click the “New +” button. The Details panel will come up. Fill in the event title as well as the date and time.
- Click in the field that says “Add a location or a room” and select “Add room.” Select “CPHB Resources” from the list, and then select the appropriate room. The room will be added as a meeting invitee and alternate times will be suggested, if necessary.
Rooms scheduled via Ad Astra
Availability of these rooms can be viewed
- Online at https://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/rooms/
- Outside each classroom a QR code is provided – using this code will provide a list of all activities scheduled. In addition, on a semester basis, a list of regularly scheduled classes will be printed and posted outside of the classroom.
Requests to use these rooms for non-course work should be made via Room/Event Request form and approval will be based on the policies in place.
We are fortunate to have multiple options for meetings and group work and want to make them as available as possible for faculty, staff and students use. However, if rooms are regularly reserved and not fully utilized (failure to cancel reservation, inappropriate room for meeting size, etc.) we will look to implement more restrictive scheduling policies.