The work of our faculty, staff and students is important to us! If an urgent need arises outside of normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), please use one of the following options for assistance.
Information Technology Services
For wide-scale outages and university critical business, call the ITS Help Desk at 319-384-4357 and follow the prompts to report the issue.
Audio/visual services in classrooms/auditoriums
If you are holding a class or event after-hours and require A/V support, please coordinate with our Education Media staff (Ray Bennett) prior to the class or event.
- College of Public Health Building hours are from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday. Building access outside of these hours and on holidays require having been given electronic access using your UI Iowa One card.
- If you normally have access to the building or a particular areas within the building and are unable to access the space after hours, you can contact Public Safety at 319-335-5022.
- Please note, Public Safety will ask that you provide your UI ID card prior to providing access.
Urgent facility maintenance needs
- Call the Facilities Management Work Control Center at 319-335-5071.
- Please note, Facilities Management defines “urgent” needs as those that pose a “potential threat to life, property, security or the environment. Requires expedited action within one to two days to mitigate the situation before conditions escalate or worsen.”
After Hours Building Temperature
- There are black push buttons located on the wall of each floor within the atrium that controls air circulation within the office suites. If you are in the CPH building on the weekend and notice that the interior climate is hot and the air seems still, please push the black buttons. This should provide you with two hours of increased air circulation. If you are in the building for longer than two hours, you’ll need to push the button every two hours to continue the circulation. Please report any problems with this process to CPH Facilities.
- Black Button locations:
- North wing: Buttons are located to the left of the elevator bank on floors 2, 4, and 5 and to the right on the third floor. The button on the first floor is near N160.
- South wing: Buttons are located at the entry to the suites on levels 2 through 4. The button on first floor is located in the hall across from the AED machine.
As always, in case of an emergency, dial 911.