Event Planning

College of Public Health Room and Event Request form

CPH Facilities will provide limited event planning assistance for CPH conferences and events.

Please e-mail cph-facilities@uiowa.edu with questions.

Event Checklist

Things to consider when planning an event at the College of Public Health Building.

After Hours eventsIf you are making a request for space outside of the normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), a College of Public Health departmental sponsor is required. Units making reservations will be required to identify a departmental faculty or staff member who will be present on-site during the event and responsible for clean-up. You will also be asked to note the time in which the building or rooms need to be opened and closed so that CPH Facilities can make the necessary adjustments with UI Facilities Management Access Control prior to your event.
Audio/Visual SupportIf you note on the request form that you will require A/V support, we will coordinate your request with our Academic Technology staff prior to the event. Please note, after hours support is limited and any costs associated would be the responsibility of the event sponsor.
IT SupportIf you note on the request form that you will require IT support, we will coordinate with our IT Support group prior to the event. After hours support is limited and any costs associated would be the responsibility of the event sponsor.
ParkingParking and Transportation Department
FoodPlease note, food is not allowed in CPHB classrooms or computer labs. If you are planning an event that includes food, please reserve C217 or the Atrium when completing your event request form.
AlcoholIf you will be requesting that alcohol be served at your event, please note that a liquor approval form must be filled out and approved by the Vice President of Student Services. The form is started with a Catering Coordinator in 154 IMU or by calling (319) 335-3116. For additional information regarding policies on serving alcohol. Please see UI Alcoholic Beverage Service Guidelines and Procedures.
Atrium CapacityTo reduce congestion in our atrium so that classrooms remain accessible, maximum seating capacity for events are noted below: 

During spring and fall semesters the maximum capacity for the first floor indoor Atrium space is 48 (8 round tables with six chairs per table). All other times during the year, the maximum capacity for the first floor Atrium space is 60 (10 round tables, six chairs per table).  

Additional event items that can be reserved: 
• Up to 10 adjustable “cocktail” style tables for an additional 30 standing guests. 
• Additional non-reservable options, subject to availability on the day of the event: 
• 1st floor café area, 30 seats 
• 5th floor atrium, 20 seats 
Sign HoldersThe college has a few indoor and outdoor signs available for your use. These are listed within the equipment section of the event request form. Please be sure to note if you’d like these to be available when making your reservation.
Event Set-up/Tear-downUsers are responsible for set up and tear-down, however, limited student help may be available. To request assistance, please note this on the event request form and we will check their availability. If assistance is not available, a requisition would be required to acquire UI Movers.
Clean-upIf garbage cans will be needed, please note those within the equipment section of the request form. Event sponsors are required to take all recycle and trash from their event out to the appropriate dumpsters to the north of the building following the event. Please do not simply place your garbage in the floor trash/recycle station bins for the custodial staff to remove.
Damage/RepairsIn the unlikely event that extra maintenance or repairs are required following an event, any costs will be assessed along to the event sponsor. An MFK will be required when submitting your event request form.