The cohorts will be limited to twenty students.
1. Inquiries or preliminary interest can be stated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a brief letter of interest and your current CV/resume.
2. A complete application to the Iowa EMHA Program is due by May 15, and includes both of the steps bolded below.
- Please complete your application through sophas.org and include:
- Official (not a copy) transcripts showing all previous undergraduate and graduate work with grades and degrees.
- Official GRE scores. The University of Iowa SOPHAS GRE code is 0658. Applicants who have satisfactorily completed a graduate or professional degree from an accredited college or university, and/or with five or more years of appropriate experience in healthcare organizations, may have this requirement waived on a case-by-case basis provided that all other elements of the application (undergraduate GPA, interview, reference) are at least satisfactory.
- For international students: TOEFL minimum recommended score of paper 600, computer 250, and internet 100. TOEFL scores are required for international students except permanent residents or those who have earned a degree from an accredited institution in the US, Canada (except Quebec), Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom.
- Three letters of professional recommendation. These letters are submitted by your letter writers through SOPHAS. Detailed instructions on how these letters are submitted can be found here.
- A resume or CV.
- A letter of interest (personal statement) that addresses your career path to-date, reasons for pursing an EMHA, what you will bring to your student cohort, how you plan to use the MHA degree and any other relevant points.
Set up UI account and pay supplemental University of Iowa fee
- Once you have submitted all your materials to SOPHAS and your transcripts have been verified, you will receive an email from the department letting you know when to expect an email from the University of Iowa which will provide you with detailed instructions on setting up a University of Iowa account and paying the supplemental University of Iowa fee. Your application will be reviewed once this step is complete.
- All students (except those whose undergraduate degree was conferred at the University of Iowa), will need to send their final transcript (showing degree conferral) to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
3. An interview will be scheduled after your application is reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
4. Selection of students will be made on a rolling basis until June 1.
5. Onboarding communication and orientation activities will begin in June.
6. Classes will start late August.
For additional information contact:
Clinical Associate Professor
Department of Health Management and Policy
College of Public Health
University of Iowa