Two ESA Scholarships are granted each year to outstanding students in the Department of Epidemiology. Scholarship recipients are nominated by fellow epidemiology students, fill out an application, and final selections are made by the ESA board. Competitive nominees display participation in ESA and departmental activities, community involvement, and enthusiasm for epidemiology outside the classroom. Grades are not considered and ESA board members are not eligible for selection.
Grant and Scholarship Opportunities
There are many resources for finding funding for your research or helping with conference travel expenses. Remember to look at both internal and external funding opportunities. Here is a list of helpful campus resources.
- Division of Sponsored Programs
- UI Internal Funding Opportunities
- Graduate Student Senate Funding
- Center for Human Rights
- Executive Council of Graduate & Professional Students
- Iowa Center for Research by Undergraduates
- International Programs Grants Office
- How to find a Graduate Research Assistant Position
- Choosing your dissertation topic
- Getting published as a student
Have some extra free time and looking to get involved in the Iowa City community? Here are a few places to start looking.
- Free Medical Clinic
- Mobile Clinic
- Johnson County Crisis Center
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Iowa Student Volunteer Opportunities
Resources for Job/Fellowships/Internships
There are many experiential opportunities on and off campus available for students of all educational levels. Listed are some resources that past students have found helpful in there search. Never hesitate to contact fellow students about experiences they have found.
- ASPH Fellowships/Internships
- CDC/CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellowship
- CDC ORISE Fellowships
- Global Health Corps
- Public Health Jobs
Kim Williams is a great resource for creating and refining your CV/Resume. Email her at Kimberly-S-Williams@uiowa.edu to make an appointment. Below are a few resources she suggests for Job/Fellowship/Internship seekers.