MHA Executive in Residence
Ian Montgomery has been the Executive in Residence at the University of Iowa’s MHA program since Fall 2010. In this role, Mr. Montgomery:
- Assists students and faculty with the practical applications of coursework
- Provides guidance to 75 students on professional development (foundational skills enhancement, career choices, resume and cover letter construction, interviewing skills, etc).
Mr. Montgomery is also a Clinical Associate Professor in the College and the Director of the Center of Healthcare Executive Studies and Services (CHESS), which includes the Executive MHA Program, the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management, and various leadership training programs for healthcare organizations.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Integrative Capstone (EMHA)
- Healthcare Strategic Planning and Marketing (EMHA)
- Interprofessional Healthcare Administration I (EMHA)
- Medical Practice Administration (MHA)
- Professional Development Seminar – five classes (MHA)
Ian Montgomery has undergraduate degrees in Psychology and Sociology (1975) and a graduate degree in Health Administration (1979) from the University of Iowa. He has been a Certified Medical Practice Executive since 1985. He worked for over thirty-five years developing, leading, and consulting for a wide variety of medical practices across the United States.