MHA Tuition and Financial Aid
Graduate Tuition and Fees
- Are among the lowest of the most respected health management programs.
- Students with a 25% Graduate Research Assistantship qualify for the lower state resident tuition.
View the estimated annual expenses for MHA students.
Departmental Financial Aid
Financial assistance is available through the department in the form of graduate assistantships (GAs) as well as scholarships and awards. Approximately 70 percent of students receive financial aid from the department. Please visit the Iowa Graduate College or the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn about additional funding options.
Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs)
- Represent the major source of financial aid available from the department.
- Awarded annually on the basis of student merit and departmental need.
- Students with quarter-time GAs receive a salary divided into monthly payments over each semester of appointment, a tuition scholarship, and access to health care benefits.
Scholarships and Awards
Several alumni of the Health Management and Policy Programs have chosen to support the program by endowing scholarships that are awarded to students each year to assist them in their academic endeavors. Learn more about the HMP Alumni Scholarships.