Title(s): Clinical Associate Professor, Executive MHA Program Director,
Department: Health Management and Policy
Office: N212 CPHB
Phone: (319) 384-3862
Ian Montgomery serves three roles within the Department of Health Management and Policy:
- Director of the Center for Healthcare Executive Studies and Services, where he directs the Executive MHA program, the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management, and onsite management training workshops for healthcare organizations. He also co-directs the Office of Healthcare Leadership Education (OHLE), a consortium of the University of Iowa Colleges of Medicine, Business, and Public Health.
- Clinical Associate Professor, where he teaches the MHA Medical Practice Administration course, plus the EMHA Capstone, Interprofessional HealthCare Administration I, and Strategic Planning and Marketing courses.
- Executive in Residence, where he advises 70+ graduate students on professional preparedness and related activities.
Mr. Montgomery earned undergraduate degrees in Psychology and Sociology (1975) and a graduate degree in Health Administration (1979) from the University of Iowa. He has been a Certified Medical Practice Executive since 1985. He worked for more than 35 years developing, administering, and consulting for a wide variety of medical practices across the United States. Ian was most recently CEO of the Iowa City Heart Center, P.C. for eight years, ending after he led negotiations to integrate the group with University of Iowa Healthcare.
- Medical Practice Administration
- Professional Development Seminar Series (5 classes)
- Integrative Capstone
- Interprofessional Healthcare Administration I
- Strategic Planning and Marketing