Welcome to the Department of Health Management and Policy!
The Department is proud of its long history of outstanding educational offerings and research productivity. We invite you to examine our degree programs, research activities, and the other areas of our website. Please contact us for additional information.
The Department has 13 full-time faculty and 50 adjunct and secondary faculty who are dedicated to educating the future healthcare managers, researchers, public health leaders, and policy makers. Our faculty make significant contributions to the national healthcare services and policy research agenda. Faculty and students disseminate their research findings through extensive peer-reviewed publications and presentations at national, state, and local meetings.
The Department has more than 1000 alumni, with some serving at the highest levels of healthcare organizations, as faculty members, and in public service at state and federal agencies. Our alumni are actively involved in our programs, providing professional development opportunities, mentoring, and financial support.
- Darcelle Skeete awarded The Margaret P. Benson Memorial Scholarship
- Christina Freese-Decker '02, Awarded Young Healthcare Executive of the Year
- Steve Slessor '08 20 under 40
- Michael Dunfee named new Director at Hampton VAMC
- Alumnus Barth Profiled for Health Care Leadership
- John Colloton to Receive Honorary UI Degree
- MHA/MBA Alum Chris Klitgaard named Young Entrepreneur of the Year