The Global Public Health Initiative is lead by a collegiate committee made up of faculty, staff, and students in the College of Public Health. This committee is charged with:
- Guiding and assessing the development of global opportunities for students abroad and at home in an ethically and academically rigorous manner.
- Improving resources and support for global faculty research and academic opportunities.
- Increasing interest and participation in global health within the College of Public Health and across the university.
- Initiating and fostering growth with international partners and collaborators.
- Assessing needs and developing resources for a globally-based College of Public Health curriculum.
- Establishing the College of Public Health as a global health leader on the University of Iowa campus.
Current Global Public Health Committee Members
Jeff currently serves at the Global Public Health Committee chairperson. Meet Jeff
Student Committee Representatives
Student representatives change annually and serve for a full academic year. New student representatives are invited to apply to serve on the Global Public Health Committee at the end of the spring semester prior to their year of commitment. Student representatives are allowed to serve multiple years.