The core of the University of Iowa Industrial Hygiene program consists of three faculty members. These faculty are recognized nationally for their research on bioaerosols, organic aerosols, crystalline silica, toxic metals, pesticides, radon, exposure assessment, control technology, toxicology, hazard control, and risk assessment. Many other OEH Department faculty members serve as advisors and mentors to industrial hygiene students. Our faculty are also actively involved in professional outreach.
IH faculty and staff:
- Provide assistance to professional societies, unions, businesses, and other organizations;
- Are active members of:
- American Association for Aerosol Research
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists
- American Public Health Association
- Society of Toxicology
- Provide professional IH support for many of the industries in our rural region that are small to mid-sized, with fewer than 300 employees through WORKSAFE IOWA. Since 1987, WORKSAFE has provided cost effective, comprehensive industrial hygiene and ergonomics, and safety consultation throughout Iowa and the region and supports a community-based network of occupational medicine clinics in Iowa.
|T. Renée Anthony||Professor||S333 CPHB||(319) 335-4429|
|Matthew Nonnenmann||Associate Professor||S349 CPHB||(319) 335-4207|
|Patrick O’Shaughnessy||Professor||S320 CPHB||(319) 335-4202|
|Thomas Peters||Professor||S325 CPHB||(319) 335-4436|