MPH in Community and Behavioral Health – Undergrad to Grad
The combined undergrad to grad program makes it possible for students to earn an Undergraduate degree and an MPH in Community and Behavioral Health in five years. Benefits of pursuing the combined degrees include:
- Time to completion is five years instead of six.
- Apply course credit to both programs
- Saves an average of $10,000 in one year of tuition and fees
- Gain skills in the critical areas needed by employers
- Increase opportunities for career advancement
Students are required to have a 3.25 GPA at time of application and at 3.00 GPA at time of entry into graduate standing. For more information, please visit the application process page.
Coursework and Deadlines by Year
You must take CPH:1400 Fundamentals of Public Health prior to submitting an application for the MPH program.
- Undergraduate coursework
- Meet with program staff to discuss degree requirements
- Must complete 80 semester hours of undergraduate coursework by the end of the fall semester to be eligible to apply.
- GPA of 3.25 or higher by the end of fall semester
- Apply by February 1st for fall admission
- Complete bachelor program, degree conferred in May.
- Take up to 15 credit hours of graduate coursework
- Pay undergrad tuition
Graduate Student (1 year)
- Complete graduate coursework
- Pay Graduate Tuition
- Be eligible for Graduate Research and Teaching Assistantships
- Master’s degree conferred in Summer.
Sample Plan of Study Undergrad to MPH in CBH
Senior Year/ First year of Graduate Program
|CPH:5100 Introduction to Public Health*||3|
|Gen Ed/Electives/Major Coursework||3|
|Semester Total||3 U / 3 G|
|Running Total||102 UG / 3 G|
|Fall Semester||Credits||Spring Semester||Credits|
|Gen Ed/Electives/Major coursework||9||Gen Ed/Electives/Major coursework||9|
|CBH:5220 Health Behavior and Health Education||3||CBH:4105 Intro to Health Promotion and Disease Prevention*||3|
|CBH:6335 Research Methods in Community & Behavioral Health||3||HMP:4000 Introduction to U.S. Healthcare System*||3|
|Semester Total||9 U / 6 G||9 U / 6 G|
|Running Total||111 UG / 9 G||120 U / 15 G|
|BIOS:4120 Introduction to Biostatistics*||3|
|Semester Total||3 G|
|Running Total||18 G|
|Fall Semester (Semester 9)||Credits||Spring Semester (Semester 10)||Credits|
|EPID:4400 – Epidemiology I: Principles*||3||CBH:6205 Designing and Implementing Interventions||3|
|OEH:4240 Global Environmental Health*||3||CBH:6230 Health Equity and Social Justice||3|
|CBH:5305 Evaluation: Approaches and Applications||3||CBH Method or Elective course||3|
|CBH Methods or Elective course||3||CPH:7200 M.P.H. Capstone||1|
|CPH:5203 Interprofessional Education & Practice for MPH Students||0|
|Semester Total||12 G||10 G|
|Running Total||30 G||40 G|
|CPH:7500 M.P.H. Applied Practice Experience||2|
|Running Total||42 G|
*Denotes an MPH core course that are required prior to enrolling in CPH:7200 or CPH:7500.