From the life-saving benefits of clean drinking water and smoke-free workplaces to the importance of effective health care services and safe vaccines, the power of public health is at work every day. The Iowa Institute of Public Health Research and Policy is dedicated to developing new public-private partnerships to ensure the next generation of public health challenges will be met with effective innovations that protect and enhance the lives of people across Iowa, throughout our nation, and around the globe.
Private support for the IIPHRP is critical to our goal of fostering ground-breaking collaborations among CPH researchers and businesses, community leaders, policy makers, and public health practitioners.
Gifts help sustain IIPHRP activities such as:
- Incubator efforts to launch start-up research and stimulate large-scale, cross-disciplinary programs linking CPH faculty, other UI colleges, and private sector partners.
- Convening local, state, and national experts for policy conferences that explore current health policy issues, enhance learning opportunities for students and faculty, and engage the public health practice community.
- Hosting industry experts and scholars in our Executive-in-Residence and Visiting Scholar programs.
- Promoting faculty engagement with business leaders and policymakers with the goal to translate research into practice and policy.
- Developing and delivering specialized learning activities such as seminars, lectures, and workshops.