Title(s): Clinical Professor, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Department: Health Management and Policy
Office: S149 CPHB
Phone: (319) 384-4070
Tanya Uden-Holman, PhD, received her BA, MA, and PhD degrees from the University of Iowa, where she has been a faculty member since 1999. She is a clinical professor in the Department of Health Management and Policy and associate dean for academic affairs in the College of Public Health.
As associate dean for academic affairs, she oversees the collegiate educational programs; leads accreditation processes and compliance; and represents the college nationally in public health education. Dr. Uden-Holman also chairs the College of Public Health Diversity Committee, which is charged with carrying out the College’s strategic objectives for increasing diversity and creating an inclusive environment. Additionally, Dr. Uden-Holman is a member of the Interprofessional Education initiative on the University of Iowa Health Sciences campus. This initiative involves all five of the health sciences colleges and builds on the highly collaborative culture of the UI campus and current interprofessional education activities.
Dr. Uden-Holman is the director of the Institute for Public Health Practice, which serves as the focal point for interactions involving the college and the public health practice community. Additionally, she is the director of the Midwestern Public Health Training Center which focuses on public health workforce development.
Dr. Uden-Holman’s areas of research interest include public health workforce development, competency-based assessment, and applying continuous quality improvement tools in health care organizations.
- Healthcare Quality Management
- Fundamentals of Public Health
- Essentials of Public Health
- Interprofessional Healthcare Administration I
- Workforce development
- Quality improvement and patient safety
In the News
- Diabetes prevention, management is special focus of MPHTC
- CPH Awards highlight faculty, staff achievements
- UI to help improve pain education for health professional students
- Iowa selected as regional public health training center
- UMPERLC Preparing Families to Improve Community Resilience
- Uden-Holman Receives 2014 Distinguished Educator Award