Title(s): Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, Dean of the University college, Clinical Professor
Department: Health Management and Policy
Office: S149 CPHB
Phone: (319) 384-4070
Tanya Uden-Holman, PhD, received her BA, MA, and PhD degrees from the University of Iowa, where she has been a faculty member since 1999. She is a clinical professor in the Department of Health Management and Policy.
Dr. Uden-Holman is a member of the Interprofessional Education initiative on the University of Iowa Health Sciences campus. This initiative involves all five of the health sciences colleges and builds on the highly collaborative culture of the UI campus and current interprofessional education activities.
She is the director of the Institute for Public Health Practice, which serves as the focal point for interactions involving the college and the public health practice community. Additionally, she is the director of the Midwestern Public Health Training Center which focuses on public health workforce development.
Dr. Uden-Holman’s areas of research interest include public health workforce development, competency-based assessment, and applying continuous quality improvement tools in health care organizations.
- Healthcare Quality Management
- Fundamentals of Public Health
- Essentials of Public Health
- Interprofessional Healthcare Administration I
- Workforce development
- Quality improvement and patient safety
In the News
- Uden-Holman named associate provost for undergraduate education, dean of the University College
- Diabetes prevention, management is special focus of MPHTC
- CPH Awards highlight faculty, staff achievements
- UI to help improve pain education for health professional students
- Iowa selected as regional public health training center
- UMPERLC Preparing Families to Improve Community Resilience
- Uden-Holman Receives 2014 Distinguished Educator Award